Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Greatest noveling song of all time?

The greatest noveling musician of all time?
Noveling songs. So I'm going to go out on a limb and declare "Out of Egypt" by Sufjan Stevens as my favorite noveling song of all time. Which is weird because it's really just a hectic mix of piano notes, musical wheezes, and windchimes that I would normally fast-forward through in a heartbeat.

But pump that song through a pair of headphones while I'm staring at a Microsoft Word document, and my brain elevates itself right into a state of heightened noveling awareness that's unlike anything else I've encountered. I feel focused. Inspired. Fluid. According to the copy of iTunes on my laptop, I've played "Out of Egypt" 288 since I loaded it in two years ago. At 4:21, that means I've spent almost 21 hours of my writing life listening to it.

It's a big question: What is your favorite noveling song of all time?

No comments:

Post a Comment